Do something super terrifying (An update on my annual goals)

Labels:
Well to say I was successful in this endeavor is an understatement. I took this goal and beat it to a pulp. So far in the past 6 months alone, I have done many terrifying things. It started with my first ever flight to the west coast, visiting someone I had never seen in person and staying with him and a family I have never met. As you all know, this ended up being well worth the risk. My next terrifying experience occurred shortly after when for the first time in my life I had to walk the streets of New York by myself and hail myself a cab. In all my years visiting the great city of New York I had never once walked it alone. As it turns out, it really wasn't that bad. The city streets weren't filled with evil doers trying to rob me or take advantage of me. It is filled with busy people with places to go. Sometimes I have to laugh at my own innocence, this was certainly one of those times. Next up on the terrifying adventures of Ashley is possibly the scariest of all the things I did this past year. Riding the subway. Now I know my perspective seems a little off. Riding the subway should not be as scary as visiting and meeting a person you love for the first time, but it was. For as long as, I dare say forever, I have been terrified of the subway. There are just so many things that can go wrong. I mean, I COULD BE TRAPPED UNDER GROUND! (I know you have all seen that Hey Arnold episode.)I knew riding a subway was something I never wanted to partake in. But after doing so, I have to say once again it wasn't that bad. Okay so it isn't the most sanitary place in the world, but it also isn't filled with degenerates and rats like my mind had envisioned. Its a train that goes underground. I have to say, this year I have been very fortunate. In experiencing scary things I have opened myself to new horizons. I remained safe and even learned a little along the way. Fear is a powerful thing, but is is important to never let it control your life. It is in taking risks that we find ourselves truly living. So my advice: "Do one thing every day that scares you." . Eleanor Roosevelt
4 comments:

I'm glad you started blogging again baby. I really love reading everything you write <3


I will start blogging more frequently for you my love <3


I'd be scared to ride the subway too, so I definitely don't blame you for any of those fears you had!! I'm glad everything's worked out for the best :D


I haven't bothered to look here in a long long while. But Doing so out of random curiosity, I'm glad to see things are going so well for you two. Im truly happy for everything you have accomplished, and wish you the best life you can possibly have. Love forever, with everything you are. It is the greatest feeling you will ever have. Don't lose it.


Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card