Our greatest wealth is on the inside.

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream.

The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food.

The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him.
She did so without hesitation.

The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.
“I’ve been thinking,” he said. “I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious.

“Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone.”


There is something so much more to the purpose of our lives then possessions and wealth. Sure we tell ourselves that we dont let objects rule our lives but how many of us would sincerely feel whole without the haves. And are we really to blame? Society makes us believe that in order to be accepted in this world we have to fit certain standards,met but own and attaining certain things. But since when was it right for someone else to set the standards for which we live. Truly what we need to find is inner peace, and while it is different for all of us, it is attainable, if only we are willing to get out of it's way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card