A beauty of the world

Labels: ,
There are many beautiful things in this world. Each day we are blessed with the natural wonders of the earth: the stars, the clouds, the nature which surrounds us and makes our earth so glorious. These are the beauties we can see and love daily, but how often do we think about the other beauty in our lives. It is approximated that worldwide, 10.8 million people get diagnosed with cancer a year. Of that 10.8 million, it is estimated that 6.8 die from it. I don't know about you but to me that screams that 4 million a year are cured. Well this past month I had the honor up close to witness their strength first hand.
It was my first time participating in Relay for Life, but let me tell you it will not be my last. I've always had a desire to help anyone and every thing with every step I could, I totally want to save the world.(And I think with a little push, a little love and some undying hope, I can.) But never before have I really seen as much inspiration as in this group of people, because you see, this group of people were survivors. Just a simple act of walking around a track brought tears to my eyes. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
These people had fought hard, possibly against the hardest means, and there they stood in front of me, proud to be alive. We are rarely blessed to see such a thirst and thankfulness for life in this world.
It was just glorious to see a group of people who fought so hard, standing up showing they didn't give up and they will not give up. If that is not inspirational, I do not know what is.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card