What are your three lucky charms?

A lucky charm, what even is one? I'm not so sure if I even believe in luck, and if I do I definitely do not think it comes from some outer element but rather inside us. But,I suppose there are things that hold a power in us though.
For example, My stuffed wolf Shelby. I sleep with him every night and the nights I hold him close are the nights I feel most content. When I was sick I clung to him dearly, and even brought him to the hospital with me. It was a way for Shelby to be with me, even if he couldn't physically. It's a build-a-bear wolf so on the inside is a heart with a wish for me and him. His birth date on his birth certificate is December 25th, 2010. The official beginning of us. The wolf is Shelby's animal. He is my alpha. And as I hold this wolf now, and kiss him, and hug him, I know Shelby can feel it.
Another lucky, albeit odd, charm would be my laptop. I know it sounds like Im addicted to the internet, which I am, but that is not the point of its importance. On the day I bought my laptop, My best friend Jess was doing the same. Jess and I had gone to both middle and high school together, but were never really friends. I was so excited to get my new laptop, it was the first time a computer was really mine! I remembering ripping it out of the box and setting it up to AIM with my best friend at the time. I signed onto facebook and was so excited to chat with people on there with MY keyboard! Then Ski messaged me telling me he had just gotten skype and how I need to get it! Me, being excited to have the ability to download whatever I wanted without my mother's consent was completely for it. So I downloaded skype. Now I don't really know how Jess and I got to exchanging names, but Justin had told her to download it too, and somehow we ended up talking. I told her about my new computer and she told me about hers and then we realized that WE BOTH HAD THE SAME ONE! What a crazy random happenstance right? Two separate people buying the same computers on the same day! Crazy. Well Jess and I ended up skyping almost every night, occasionally throwing Chez or Doyle in the mix and it was so fun. When she came to town to deal with things going on home, we hung out every day for hours and I mean every day. We became such close friends, almost inseparable all because we both had gotten new computers!
But that is not where the computer magic stops, not even close. It was through my computer that I first began to talk to my then sexual play toy. It was through the computer that I would talk to tyler each day on twitter bonding or go on dailybooth meeting awesome new friends. But most of all It was through my computer, that a sweet girl stumbled into a sweet guy, and sparks flew. Yes, I know its strange to say but without my computer, I really don't know how similar my life would be to the one I am living now.
As for my final lucky charm well, I really don't know. I guess it's really a culmination of all my memories. Behind every experience is a lesson and I make sure to take mine with me wherever I go. No luck can ever live up to a girl who has lived. Life is my luckiest charm, so I'm gonna live mine to the fullest! :D
2 comments:

Aww, you know that story about the wolf. I quite like that story. I mean, It's not like that wolf has anything to do with me or anything...nope not at all. Totally not my name or anything like that :). But really, I love it every time you just write. You've got the luck Ashley, like the love I need to see me through. But in luck form. Well, you've got the love too. But for this situation you know what i mean <3


oh wow youre just so cute <3


Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card