I'm me and that's enough.

Labels: ,
Self worth. Why is it we are all constantly seeking this. It's no secret that none of us are perfect, yet we are constantly trying to find ways to prove otherwise.

I personally have a huge struggle with this on a daily basis. I find myself constantly thinking of ways I should change, ways I could be better, when in reality, I am deserving enough right now as it is. Thats hard for me to just say right now, so believing it will take time.

I mean, in reality I'm the girl who is constantly comparing herself to the countless others who seem so much better. It's humorous at times to imagine myself doing such when I am such an advocate for equality among us all, but I suppose we are our hardest critics right? I guess I just always feel non deserving of the things that happen to me in life. The friends I have, the love I find, always can do better than myself.

I actually find myself trying to convince others that this is so, just if the possibility that they decide to tell me I'm not good enough arises, I can think well at least I told them first. Its sad.

But, I'm now aware that I am worthy. I have a very special person to me who helps me see this and some very great friends who make me feel like maybe, just maybe, im not the worst person in the history of man. Cause I mean honestly even Hitler was Time man of the year so it has to be me.

Ive come to realize that no matter how we are, even if I was as dumb as a lamppost or as ugly as the old hag in hansel and gretel, I do deserve to feel like I am something and deserving of care and love.

I need to stop comparing myself to others, because me, just me, is enough.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers

Blog Archive


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card