A song that reminds you of a former friend

I Saw the Sign by Ace of Base



Here I have the option to write a horribly depressing entry on how I lost a good friend or I can take a more positive route, and I choose the latter.

7th grade. I would have to say that is when I met I became close with my first REAL best friend. We had been in the same group for a while but it wasn't till this year that we actually became close. It started with us sitting next to each other at our lunch table, so we would have funny side conversations. We were also the only two who knew about anything sexual, so our other friends would come to us for knowledge, and we would talk about the things we thought to inappropriate for their ears :P (basically we rubbed it in their faces that we knew shit and they didn't, but we always answered any of their questions.) So we became really close, started hanging out more and we sit next to each other in every class we had together. I still remember the time we were working on a history project with two of the boys from our equal group (god middle school was so clique-y) and she got so mad at one them and slapped him across the face and walked out. The other boy and I just covered her ass when the teacher asked where she went. Such a fun time. But the time I discovered how close we really became was when she told me about losing her virginity to her boyfriend from Germany. He was visiting and somehow it just happened. I was young. This was my first friend to ever tell me they lost their virginity. I still remember it vividly. We were on a roller coaster of all things and she was worried because she hadn't gotten her period. She tolled me how she feared what could happen, how her mother would disown her and she would have no place to live and I remember telling her she needn't worry, I would never let her not have a place to live. Thats when we knew that we were best friends. She could open up to me about her fears, knowing I would not judge her and I was there for when she needed support.I also remember vividly they day she got her period, she ran from the bathroom and hugged me.

She was the first person to show me what true friendship was, with her i could talk about anything and vice versa. We separated in high school when she went to another school. But I will always remember our friendship fondly. :)

I still remember how on the the night we got our eighth grade yearbooks she told me to turn to a certain page, it was one of the pages with the ads on it and she told me to look on the very bottom. Sure enough there was a post for no name from no name, it said " Thank you for the laughs we shared, for always having my back, and thank you for being my TRUE friend. I'll NEVER forget you...You know who you are."

And I will never forget her as well :D

And well for the song.... you had to know us.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers

Blog Archive


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card