A third excerpt from The Warrior of Light

There is a such thing as emotional rubbish; it is produced in the factories of the mind. It consists of pain that has long passed and is no longer useful. It consists of precautions that were important to the past, but that serve no purpose in the present.

The Warrior has memories too, but he learns how to separate the useful from the unnecessary; he disposes of his emotional rubbish.

A companion says: "But that's part of my history. Why should i jettison feelings that marked my very existence?"

The Warrior smiles, but he does not try to feel things that he no longer feels. He is changing and he wants his feeling to keep pace with him.
2 comments:

I like this a lot, it speaks to the fabrications of our mind. We as a whole, have to learn to move on from negative things, we can learn from our past and shape our future. But those past dwellings that have no place in our present, or future can dissipate. You're an amazing woman Ashley, I can see so much in those eyes of yours. I love who you are, and who you're shaping up to be. We're always changing, but it's not a bad change. you've grown a lot, I can tell. Keep finding yourself in the world around you, I know it's going to be a beautiful and amazing journey. For the both of us <3


<3 Im happy to have this journey with you :)


Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a girl just looking to be the very best, like no one ever was.

About.

Im just sitting on the shelf :)

It's Sexy to Share.

Followers

Blog Archive


Twitter

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ashley has read 0 books toward her goal of 23 books.
hide
cream_my_jeans trophy card